End of manual approach for fuel management cuts time by 94%
Gahanna -- Service Department
Golf Course Fuel Entry
• Project resulted from LeanOhio Boot Camp
• Contact: Matthew Holdren · firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining fuel transactions from Golf Course involved hand recording fuel transactions. Each week, fuel sheets would be delivered to Fleet for manual entry. This process took up to three hours weekly.
Reduce the time needed to record fuel transactions. Reduce opportunities for error based on hand-recording.
Identified TIMUWOOD in the process. Updated Fuel Management system software, creased database within FM software, automated import of data, tested fuel interface and import.
• 94% reduction in processing time. The current process now takes roughly 10 minutes per week and transfers the same data.(implemented)
• Eliminated the time required to retrieve recording sheets (implemented)
• Users cut the time needed to record transactions by nearly 50% as they now use the Chip Key as opposed to manually recording the transactions (implemented)
Lead Time - Baseline: 167 minutes/week
Lead Time - Actual: 10 minutes/week
Redirect Work Hours per year: 131