Improved communication with IT customers minimizes service disruptions
Gahanna -- Information Technology
IT-Active Directory Lockout
• Project resulted from LeanOhio Boot Camp
• Contact: Rory Gaydos · email@example.com
Users would get locked out of their Active Directory Accounts with minimal notification. Disruptions cause lost resources such as time and access to technologies (computer access, email access, and city wireless). In addition to lost resources from for the users, IT staff are called to identify and remedy the situation, which can be proactively addressed by the users themselves.
Implement customer focused push vs. pull solution for password notifications
TIMUWOOD methodology to uncover areas of waste
• A customized script was developed in power shell that automatically runs on a nightly basis and sends out customized individual emails to anyone whose account is set to expire 7 days before expiration and 1 day before expiration. (implemented)
• Provides accurate data at appropriate time intervals to individual users (implemented)
• Addresses the waiting issue by providing notification and avenues for users to proactively change their password and not wait for assistance from the Technology Department.
Reduces transportation and motion through reduced calls and in person help-desk requests