Improved application strengthens review process for planning and development
Gahanna -- Planning & Development Department
Planning Commission FDP (Final Development Plan)
• Project resulted from LeanOhio Boot Camp
• October 5-9, 2015 (Kaizen Event)
• Contact: Anthony Jones · firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning & Development Department was constrained by the 30-day review window -- they didn't feel they had sufficient time to do a quality review before the application went to the Planning Commission.
Improve the efficiency of the Final Development Plan Review process. Improve the quality of initial applications.
Lean Routine with SIPOC, process mapping, VA/NVA, TIMUWOOD, poka-yoke, and a process control plan
• Improved and error-proofed application form and instructions (implemented)
• Clearly defined "Acceptance" for the 30 day review period (implemented)
Reduced the number of process steps by 25%