Better management of IT surplus reducing waste
Gahanna -- Information Technology
5S Surplus-Standard Operating Procedure
• Project resulted from LeanOhio Boot Camp
• Contact: Rory Gaydos · email@example.com
Surplus of IT equipment has traditionally been unorganized with little to no standardization. Equipment inventory has not been adequately maintained, and equipment has caused unsafe passage due to the sheer excess of equipment.
Improve productivity and reduce waste by eliminating surplus IT equipment, and develop a standard operating procedure to ensure no further accumulation of waste.
A standard operating procedure was developed. Items were organized and inventoried. Items were wrapped in manageable lots for auction. Accurate lists with corresponding lot numbers were given to the Service Department for auction.
• Sustainable surplus process, easily repeatable by following the standard operating procedure (implemented)
• Improved safety with manageable lots and improved organization (implemented)
• Reduced delays in current and future IT surplus (implemented)