Green Belt Training
Green Belt training focuses on Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies. This training has been designed to fit the needs of State agencies through the use of hands-on activities and presentations.
Purpose: Why would I get a Green Belt?
• Green Belt Training is an intensive exposure in the hands-on use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
• Participants will learn a data-driven methodology to help make real and positive changes on their processes.
Function: How can I use Green Belt skills?
• Green Belt Training is focused on teaching a variety of Lean Six Sigma Tools that can be used in your agency.
• Participants are able to facilitate the use of: Lean Six Sigma tools, process mapping, and methodology-based problem solving.
Capability: What can I do in my agency?
• Participants will be able to apply the Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to make their agency more effective and efficent.
• When participants have completed their training and project, they become a member of the LeanOhio network, and may be asked to facilitate future Green Belt Projects and serve as a mentor for future Green Belt candidates.
Skill Sets: What will I learn in Green Belt training?
• Participants will work through the DMAIC Process: Define, Measure, Anayze, Improve, and Control.
• Participants will receive an in-depth look at Lean Six Sigma tools such as process mapping, 5s, and Seven Wastes.
• Participants will be able to identify a problem and use proven Six Sigma strategy to come to a data driven solution.
Expectations: What will I need to complete my Green Belt Project?
• Participants must have buy-in and support from their agency leadership and will complete a Green Belt project as identified by their agency leadership.
• Participants are expected to form a team to collaboratively work through the project and achieve measurable positive results.
Commitment: What are the time commitments and outputs of a Green Belt?
• Two weeks of in-class training held over several months (1st week is Boot Camp training).
• Commit to be an advocate for Lean Six Sigma deployment in your agency and the State.
• Completion, report out, and fact sheet for their Green Belt Project.