White Belt Training
White Belt training focuses on Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies. This training has been designed to fit the needs of State agencies through the use of hands-on activities and presentations.
Purpose: Why would I attend White Belt training?
White Belt Training is focused on providing additional information on LeanOhio and specific examples on how to support Green Belt and other continuous improvement projects within your agency.
Function: How can I use White Belt skills?
• Effectively identify process improvements project opportunities within their agency and get an understanding of how Lean Six Sigma is being utitlized in state goverment.
• Government agency examples will be used for application-based training.
Capability: What can I do in my agency?
• Participants will be able to apply the Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to make their agency more effective and efficent.
• When candidates have completed their training, they become a member of the LeanOhio network, and may be asked to sponsor future process improvement projects within their agency.
Skill Sets: What will I learn in White Belt training?
• Participants will learn about the process of implementing Lean Six Sigma into state government and be provided with a general overview of some of the most commonly used tools.
• Participants will also be provided an overview of the various LeanOhio continuous improvement events that are conducted throughout state government.
Expectations: What will I need to complete my White Belt Project?
• Participants must have buy-in and support from their agency leadership.
• Participants are expected to identify potential process improvement opportunities and to collaboratively work through the project and achieve measurable positive results.
Commitment: What are the time commitments and outputs of a White Belt?
• 90 minutes to 3 hours of in-class training.
• Commit to be an advocate for Lean Six Sigma deployment in your agency and the State.