Yellow Belt Training
Yellow Belt training focuses on providing participants with Lean tools that can be used to make daily improvements. Designed specifically for state agencies, it involves a combination of hands-on activities, presentation, and participant dialogue and planning.
Purpose: Why would I attend Yellow Belt training?
• Yellow Belt training introduces the concept of Lean Daily Management, which allows people at all levels of the organization to visualize performance on any given day and make continuous improvements.
Function: How can I use Yellow Belt skills?
• Participants will receive an overview on a variety of Lean Daily Management elements -- including standard work, visual control boards, Gemba walks, and daily accountability.
• Government agency examples are used for application-based training.
Capability: What can I do in my agency?
• Participants will be able to apply the Lean tools and methodologies to make their daily work more effective and efficient.
• When participants have completed their training, they become a member of the LeanOhio Network, and may be asked to help promote Lean and improve processes within your agency.
Skill Sets: What will I learn in Yellow Belt training?
• Participants will learn about the process of implementing Lean into their daily work activities. They will leave with a solid overview of the most commonly used tools.
Expectations: What will I need to complete Yellow Belt training?
• Participants must have buy-in and support from their agency leadership.
Commitment: What is the time commitment?
• 1 day of in-class training
• 2017 training dates: 1/26, 3/23, 5/25, 7/20, 9/21, 11/16